Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ugh...Heat.

I am a winter person. I like the cold. I love the snow. I’m not good at driving in the snow, but I try. I am much more happier putting on layers of clothes then I am with stripping them off. Ironically people around me are happier with me putting more on than taking more off. Coincidence? I think not.

So, as you can imagine, right now I’m not the happiest. It’s hot. H.O.T. At 7 am it’s hot. At 9 pm it’s hot. Walk outside and you start melting. This heat is nothing but miserable. But, misery or not, life goes on. Including weddings. If you’ve always dreamed of an outdoor summer wedding, your dreams may be a little dashed because of the heat. But what if you’re determined to go forward with your outdoor summertime dream wedding regardless of the heat? Good for you! Bad for your guests! Yes, it is all about you…but some accommodations can be made for your guests, too.

Here are a few tips on ways to keep the cool during summer:

1. Obviously timing is very important. If you have a 2 pm ceremony, not much can be done to avoid the heat. Consider having your ceremony later in the day, at least at 6 or after.

2. If you’re having a tent make sure to avoid the clear top. Yes, star gazing while dancing with your sweetheart is romantic, but the greenhouse effect isn’t.

3. Have a cooling station near by and easily accessible. This can include items such as cold beverages, fans and even parasols.

4. You can add air conditioners to your tent, but to have effective ac you’re going to need to add to your budget. A lot. Don’t have that kind of mola? Look for alternatives, such as hanging fans or even port-a-cools.

5. Make the dress a little more casual. Guys will be much more comfortable in a dress shirt than a coat and tie. And ladies, let’s face it…anytime we can go without panty hose is a much better party!

No comments:

Post a Comment